1. One of HKScan’s partners in Finland took into use a modern semi-trailer designed especially for the transport of pigs (link in Finnish).
2. New vehicles (link in Finnish) were also taken into use for the transport of beef cattle and calves.
3. In the summer 2017, HKScan launched Finnish “No Antibiotics Ever” pork products in its export markets. The animals have been healthy throughout their lives and have never been treated with antibiotics.
4. In September 2017, the company launched its Opti-Pekoni pig feeds in Finland. The new feed concept is intended to ensure pig welfare and further improve productivity.
5. As one of the first companies in the world, HKScan has introduced a chicken rearing method in Finland that enables chicks to hatch in the henhouse, instead of in separate hatcheries. This further improves animal well-being, because the broilers are not moved to another location after they have hatched.